Advancing EDI for Deaf & Hard of Hearing Individuals
60 min. duration
Is your organization currently working on a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion plan?
Maybe you already have one in place? The key to a robust DEI plan is that it includes training and accommodations that consider invisible disabilities, like those for Deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals. You may not be aware of the simplicity and low cost to communication access solutions. Join this workshop to understand the perspectives of individuals with lived experience, test your current Deaf and hard of hearing knowledge, and ask questions that experts can answer. Leave with a plan to review your DEI policies and tap into quality resources to make inclusive communication part of your work culture.
Following this workshop, participants will be able to:
• Define Inclusive communication and understand how it is connected to the treating employees and clients equitably
• Reflect on unconscious biases and learn about Deaf and hard of hearing perspectives
• Gain confidence interacting with Deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals
• Understand the responsibilities employers and business owners have to their teams and their consumers
• Identify ways to implement communication access for employees and clientele