60 min. duration
Intersectionality, a term coined by scholar Kimberlé Crenshaw, describes the study of overlapping identities and the interaction between different power structures. In this workshop, participants will be provided with a brave space to reflect on intersecting identities such as race, gender, class, sexual orientation, ability, and many others. By applying an intersectional framework, participants will be better equipped at identifying the impact of overarching power structures and comprehensively address inequities in the workplace.
Following this workshop, participants will be able to:
● Explore definitions of identity, intersectionality, power, and bias, and oppression
● Understand how intersecting identities impact an individual’s experience in the workplace.
● Apply workshop learnings and tools to address inequities in the workplace.
● Gain insight into their own diverse identities
● Increase awareness around shared and unique lived experiences
● Participate in discussions about privilege & oppression
● Better understand the relationship between a person’s overlapping identities and the complexity of the inequities they face